Galaxy’s Commercial 35ft Unmanned Tactical Airship System (UTAS) is one of our most popular airships!
The GC-35 UTAS has been flown all over the world performing missions ranging from NASCAR aerial broadcasting/advertising to being an aerial drop vehicle for the Chick-fil-A Cow Airborne Paratrooper division (many fine cows were able to spread their “eat more chicken” message to youngsters caught behind/in enemy lines).
This system is designed to be operated out of a standard 35ft bumper-pull hitch trailer with the minimum amount of personnel possible and can be easily deployed by a crew of two (2). Systems are built to customer specifications and are highly customizable.
Our proven airship design can be configured with a host of aerial data acquisition payloads, propulsion methods (gas, electric, hybrid, etc), banners, and accessories (such as prize droppers, unattended ground sensor droppers, air sampling sniffers, etc).
We use all of the latest technologies to provide the most outstanding products possible.
- Diameter: 8ft
- Length: 35ft
- Weight: 30lbs
- Material: Rip-Stop Nylon
- Net static lift: Approx 80lbs
- Ready to fly payload: Approx. 15lbs
Gondola (gas powered)
- Length: 42in
- Width: 9in
- Height: 12in
- Propulsion Options:
- Hybrid w/ solar compatibility
- Auto Starters: Gas propulsion modules are fitted with onboard starter kits
- Fuel: Gasoline oil mix
- Min. speed: 0 mph
- Top Speed: 30-40mph
- Flight Time:
- Basic setup with Gas Engines and no generators – 1 hour
- Gas Engines with generator option – 3-8 hrs
- Electric – 2-3 hrs
- Hybrid/Solar – variable to 8+ hrs
- Normal operating altitude: 200 to 500ft
- Operational altitude: 3,000ft
- Range from pilot:
- Radio Control – 1 mile
- Autonomous System – up to 25 miles or as long as onboard fuel/energy lasts
Fins (elevator & rudder control)
- X-tail configuration for maximum stability
- Large control surfaces with maximum deflection for tight navigation
- Material: Foam core w/ MonoKote
8.5 x 36 Enclosed Travel Trailer
- 2 5/16 Bumper-pull hitch for vehicle transport by SUV or pickup truck
- Triple-axle design built to Canadian highway requirements (rougher roads; more robust requirement)
- Primary airship storage location
- Includes ground support equipment for maintenance
- Optional 44ft trailer with integrated GCS
Wind: Can fly in 20mph winds with gusts up to 30mph.